Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Temple, good food and ducks!

Amy Hansen and I on the bus going to the temple, Nate Jenkins sitting behind us!

Saturday I started the day by hopping on a bus to the temple with my ward. It was awesome! I am just going to say that I love Jean Nye and Amy Hansen and thank you both for helping me! Jean is a temple worker and usually helps new brides on Saturdays. This Saturday she made special arrangements to be a worker at our session so that she could help me. I had shared with her on Wednesday that I was nervous to do a session because it was my second time and I can't remember what to do. She told me I would do fine and not to worry. I show up and she lets me know she will be there to help me! Then Amy sat next to me and helped me remember what to do and when. I have awesome friends!






We all then went back to the church and ate pulled pork sandwiches. Mark Griffith smoked the pork all night and it was yummy! Everyone brought either a salad or a dessert.



I then went with Nate and Amber to go look at a house that my company has purchased. I knew that there were ducks at the pond so I brought bread so that Morgan, Evan and I could feed the ducks. The ducks were so friendly and walked right up to us to beg for the bread. The kids thought it was great and the bread went really fast. If there is a next time I am going to bring bags of popcorn.





Evan and Morgan Jenkins


It was a great day!












3 comments:

staceygriff said...

I love Jean and Amy also. When we went through the temple with Miles Jean was at the temple that day and helped us get to the right place and get Sofi and Kiah to the right place. She was very sweet and helpful, she was a godsend actually. I'm glad you had a great day. I love perfect days like that. They are the kind of days we need to help us when those other kind of days come around, we can look back on the amazing days. Love you!

Colin said...

Wow, the expressions on Amy and Nate in that pic.

Super awesome... they look insanely happy to be there.

shaunacd said...

keep up that temple work, and do some for me. I'm glad your life is so happy now and I'd love to live up there where it's greeeennn!